maandag 15 april 2019

Marbled Eggs

Getting into Easter decoration I decided to make some marbled eggs. I've done it before a few years ago. I'm sharing the tutorial with you here so you can try it yourself.




What do you need: 

♦ some eggs of course (I've chosen white ones for this marble effect)
♦ nail polish, any colour you like
♦ stir stick
♦ plastic container
♦ water (room temperature)
♦ nail polish remover (for cleaning up afterwards)
♦ rubber gloves (you should use those believe me, it can get messy)




You can boil the eggs (I don't think you can eat them afterwards, with the nail polish on it) or blow them out. I made it a bit easier and just ticked a small hole on the bottom, emptied the eggs (you can make an omelette or mayonnaise perhaps) and than rinsed them with tap water. 


The water needs to be at room temperature, if it's to cold the nail polish sinks to the bottom. You drop some nail polish into the water, the more you use the darker they get, but you don't want it to be to thick, and gently swirl a marble effect with the stick. 

Next dip the eggs under water and swirl a bit wearing the rubber gloves. Take them out again and let them dry. 


And this is how they finally turned out. Each one looks different. Don't be discouraged if the first one fails (mine did) just take a deep breath and try again.



Do try!

And no worries. They don't need to be perfect, they just needs to be marbled ☺


If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ik ben blij met een klein berichtje
I love it when you leave a message
♥ Karin